Abandoned Mansion

Friday, July 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Location: Salem, Ohio
visited: 10/21/07
Out of all the places I’ve photographed, this old mansion is one of my favorites. The house was built in 1884 and features 3 spiral chimneys. The house had no vandalism and the brick work seemed to be in sound shape. It was locked up, but I was able to peek in the back door window. The original wood floors and victorian moldings were still in tact. There was a new shop vac in the room, which makes me think the house might be in the process of being renovated. Reminded me of the house in Fight Club.



1 Responses to Abandoned Mansion

  1. Unknown Says:

    AWESOME I hope it is restored...

    I "stumbled upon" this site, some of the pages have the feel of urban exploring:

    http://illinoishsglorydays.com/id140.html

Rejected Memories | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com